Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Counting down to summer!

This is the time of year teacher's love... the countdown to summer break!  I need a rest... kindergarten is so fun, but it sure tires me out!  I am crazy busy right now preparing and keeping up with all of our end of the year activities.  Last week was our special spring concert, and my students did an AWESOME job on their dance performance for their families!  I was so impressed, and their parents loved it too!  The spring concert is one of my favourite events of the school year.  It is so important that our students have a turn performing on the stage at least once a year!

This week we are very busy with Father's Day, a class year-end party on Friday, year-end assemblies... and finishing some projects that weren't quite done yet!   Next week, we will be taking home lots of our work, having a day to play in the sprinkler and water tables outside, and next thing you know it will be the end of another school year.

I will miss my students a lot, however since I am teaching kindergarten again next year, I will continue to have my current JK students for their SK year.  This is my first time being able to do that, and I am so excited to see how they continue to grow and learn as they head in to year 2 of the kindergarten program.  They have made incredible gains in just one year, how exciting to follow that through!

We have only 7 more school days together, 10 days until the break if I include the weekends and next Friday's PA Day.  The count down is so on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When asking yourself, "Comment or don't comment?" the answer is ALWAYS COMMENT! C'mon, you know you want to.