Monday, October 07, 2013

Remembering why I love blogging!

On Saturday evening, my good friend Amanda and I met up with a few friends who were in town attending Blissdom - a blogging conference.  I'm such a small time blogger, but some of these ladies, they have really built up their blogs to be something pretty awesome!  I was a bit "star struck", I must say... I recognized quite a few women in the lobby of the hotel where we were meeting Amanda's friends based on their little blog icon.  I could picture their blog headers even if I wasn't sure of their first names, haha.  It was very cool.

I love the online world.  I have for a long time.  Way back when, I enjoyed keeping a journal on "LiveJournal", then later discovered Blogger, and began reading some amazingly hysterical blogs, as well as blogs that provided inspiration or allowed me to peek into life for other people.   I'm highly interested in people, in sociology I suppose.  I've always been the type to be curious about someone's life, just because I'm genuinely interested in hearing how others live, and finding out about different experiences.  I respect and enjoy the fact that we are all so different, yet are in so many ways very similar.

Having a dinner out with some wonderful bloggers reminded me of why I love blogging!  It made me reconsider my time spent away from my blog, and it encouraged me to keep working away at it.  I just enjoy the outlet, the conversation, and the chance to write about whatever is on my mind.  I don't even mind if no one reads my words, the act of getting them out there is very therapeutic just for me anyway!

I look forward to continued connections through social media, and really appreciated that nice experience on Saturday evening!

Check out these great blogs, some wonderful ideas, reviews, giveaways, etc!  Lovely ladies in person, too!

Multi-Testing Mommy
Geek with Style
Shannon's View from Here
Maple Leaf Mommy

P.S. After the dinner date, Amanda and I went line dancing... SO MUCH FUN!  I hadn't been in awhile, but boy did we ever have a great time!  We were able to join in on quite a few dances, and while some of the moves were tricky, we were following along pretty well!  Thanks again for that fun night out, Amanda!

4 comments:

  1. Awwwww....thanks girl! I had such a great time and I'm so glad you were able to come. We rocked the line dancing this time, didn't we? So much fun and great exercise too - yay! I'm so thankful to have you in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time I am going line dancing with you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great meeting you that night Ms. Key. :D And I totally recognise you now that I've seen your blog header, LOL! I completely blame it on conference brain that I didn't place you w/ your blog right away that night. *embarrassed* Really loved being able to reminisce about the "back in the day" Livejournal too! Good times. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was SO HAPPY to go out for dinner with you guys. It's true all the "shop talk" over the past few days has totally reminded me of why I love blogging. And it's so awesome to be able to talk to folks who know what the heck you're rambling on about, because family can be supportive while also thinking you are plumb crazy.

    ReplyDelete

When asking yourself, "Comment or don't comment?" the answer is ALWAYS COMMENT! C'mon, you know you want to.