Friday, October 04, 2013

Review: The Little Mermaid Diamond Edition DVD/Blu-Ray Combo Pack NOW Available!

I am a Disney fan, as you'd notice by how often I'm reviewing/promoting Disney movies that have been "released from the vault".  Far and away my favourite Disney film is "The Little Mermaid".  On October 1st, the Diamond Edition DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack was in stores!

"The Little Mermaid" is a timeless classic for me.  The music is so appealing, so very fun to sing along with.  "Part Of Your World" is one of my favourite songs to sing in the shower to this day!  I love Ariel's sense of adventure, and still feel frustrated when Ursula tricks Prince Eric into almost marrying her.  When Sebastian the Crab is singing "Under the Sea" or "Kiss the Girl", I'm hit with a wave of nostalgia, remembering how many times I've watched those classic scenes in my lifetime.  When I was a little girl, my neighbour and I would pretend to be mermaids and play "Little Mermaid" in her backyard.

I'm so happy for this DVD/Blu-Ray to be available so a new generation of children can experience the joy of "The Little Mermaid" - the music, the loveable characters, and the fun and romantic plot.   Kids who were like me would LOVE singing along with the "Crab-e-oke" bonus feature on the DVD.  We used to always rent the Disney sing-along VHS tapes from our local video store when my brother and I were growing up, so I love this feature being included on the DVD.  It's so exciting to watch my favourite Disney film in beautiful digital HD.  

I'm just so happy "The Little Mermaid" has come out of the vault!  You can own it today, but remember -- it's only available for a limited time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When asking yourself, "Comment or don't comment?" the answer is ALWAYS COMMENT! C'mon, you know you want to.