Monday, March 19, 2012

Miserable.

It is gorgeous outside today, if I didn't know any better I'd say it was late-June instead of mid-March.  It is sunny, and hot, and beautiful.

But personally?  I am MISERABLE.  

I had a fantastic and relaxing March Break.  I was actually somewhat looking forward to the first day back at school, because I love my job and my students.  However, last night I could. not. sleep.  I was stifling hot in my condo (I still am right now, even with the windows open, and we can't use A/C until the building turns it on), and for reasons unknown I was so anxious and my head was so full and heavy, I just kept tossing, and turning, and tossing, and turning, and I just could not settle.  I probably got an hour of sleep total.

I got through the day okay, but right now... oh. my. GAWD.  This is sleep deprivation, huh?  It SUCKS.  My head aches, I'm sweaty, I can barely think straight....

So, while I'd like to go read a book on my balcony, basking in the beautiful, warm sunlight that I'm fortunate enough to get in the evenings... I'm instead going to try to eat toast and peanut butter as a makeshift dinner (as I cannot even stand up long enough to try to prepare anything else, even trying to get that ready is hard), and then I'm essentially going to go lay down.  I cannot handle anything else right now.  I also can't really "nap", because then I know I'll have trouble sleeping through the night again (I've always had a hard time with naps, they don't work well for me).  I'm just going to rest, and then hopefully just fall asleep super early for the night.

Hopefully I'll be able to sleep better tonight, and will feel a lot better tomorrow.  ARRRRGH.  Go AWAY, anxiety!  What a miserable day, when typically I'd be so excited and joyful over this amazing weather!!!

Tomorrow's a new day, tomorrow's a new day, tomorrow's a new day.

1 comment:

  1. Today is a new day and I hope your body feels that way too - after all, it is the first day of Spring!

    When you feel like that and you can't cook dinner - call me and I'll bring you food next time PLEASE!!!

    I hope you have a better day today.

    ReplyDelete

When asking yourself, "Comment or don't comment?" the answer is ALWAYS COMMENT! C'mon, you know you want to.