Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Review: Burt's Bees Natural Skin Solutions for Sensitive Skin


As a BzzAgent, I've been fortunate enough to try out Burt's Bees Natural Skin Solutions for Sensitive Skin.  I was able to try the Sensitive Facial Cleanser, and the Sensitive Daily Moisturizer.  I love that these products contain 99% natural ingredients, and are fragrance-free as well as hypo-allergenic.  This Sensitive Skin line contains cotton extract, which softens the skin quite nicely.

I tried both of these products for a week while forming an opinion about them.  There are many positive things about these products!  First of all, the packaging is very attractive.  I love the dispenser for the moisturizer.  I noticed that a little goes a long way, which would mean these products will last for awhile and be worth the cost.  The Facial Cleanser is priced typically starting at $12.99 CDN, and I only needed a little bit each time I washed my face.  This is really important to me, as high-quality skin care products can be expensive to replace if they run out too quickly.  I loved the way my skin felt after using these products.  After washing my face, I felt very clean and fresh, and my skin was very soft.  The moisturizer also left my face feeling soft all day.

There were a few issues I personally had with these products, however.  First, my skin has a tendency to break out.  I need a face wash that has a bit more acne control.  I would be, personally, more likely to continue to purchase my Burt's Bees deep pore cleanser than this particular Sensitive Skin cleanser.  Again, this is a personal issue of needing more oil and acne control based on my skin type.  Otherwise, I quite liked the facial cleanser and how my skin felt after using it.

A second issue I had was with the scent of the products.  They are fragrance-free, and my very sensitive-to-smell mother found the scents to be fine.  Personally, I was a bit turned off by the natural smell that the products had anyway.  I preferred the face cleanser to the moisturizer in this area, I didn't enjoy the scent of the moisturizer at all.  This, again, is a personal issue.  You, like my mother, might smell it and not notice anything at all.

My final issue with the facial moisturizer is that it does not contain any sun protection.  I always use a face cream with an SPF 15 or higher, therefore I would not continue to use this face cream in the future based on that.

I really love Burt's Bees products, and use them often.  If you have sensitive skin and are looking for a product line to try, I highly recommend giving this one a whirl.  There are other products in the line, including a Sensitive Night Cream and Sensitive Eye Cream.  I really did enjoy the feel of these products on my skin, there were just a few personal factors that I need to be honest about in my review.  Make sure to smell the products yourself before purchasing, just in case you feel the same as I do about the natural scent they have.

Disclosure: I received 1 each of the Sensitive Facial Cleanser and Sensitive Daily Moisturizer to review as a member of BzzAgent.com .  All opinions about the products are my own.

1 comment:

When asking yourself, "Comment or don't comment?" the answer is ALWAYS COMMENT! C'mon, you know you want to.