Saturday, March 09, 2013

Vegas, Baby!

It's March Break... I don't know where this school year is going!  I am so exhausted, though, so I'm certainly glad for the break.  I need to recharge.. and my students definitely need some time apart, as they are beginning to drive each other crazy (which usually begins to happen around the spring -- too much time spent together every day).

I am off to Las Vegas tonight, until Thursday!  I'm tagging along on a family vacation with my parents, grandmother, and youngest brother.  They were going March Break anyway, and asked me to join them for only the cost of my plane ticket since I'm off work anyway.  Yes, please!


We are doing a few different things than I did with my friends in the summer.  My dad will have a rental car, so we are going to go to Hoover Dam one day.  Also, my mom and I have tickets to see Celine Dion in concert... a concert which has been on my mom's Bucket List, but one which she hasn't been able to see over the years for various reasons (she'd be going to Vegas, and Celine's show wouldn't be running because Celine was sick, or was on her own vacation, etc).  This time, the stars seem to be aligning and my mom will finally see this show!  Yes, I've just knocked on wood.

We are also going to see Terry Fator, who was a winner of America's Got Talent, and who is a ventriloquist and impersonator... I've heard his show is really good, and so this is one my family is all going to together (so, something for Scooter, as he is only 14 and can't gamble and such, haha, he loves Vegas though, this is his third time going!).

All in all, I am looking forward to this break, a chance to just relax and not worry about school (though  I will, because I think about it constantly, haha).

Viva Vegas!

1 comment:

  1. Celine Dion?! WOW! That's awesome - wish I could have snuck myself into your suitcase! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

When asking yourself, "Comment or don't comment?" the answer is ALWAYS COMMENT! C'mon, you know you want to.