Saturday, June 02, 2012

Top o' the Morning To Ye!

It the report card writing time of year for teachers, so of course I could not sleep in an extra wink this morning!  I woke up at 7 am... Okay...yes, if you're a Mom you are thinking "That IS sleeping in!"... but alas, remember your 20s and the joy of getting to sleep in until 10 or 11 am?!  Well, that's where I am in life and damn it I will enjoy it for as long as I can!

Where was I?

Oh yes.

So, I wake up at 7 am... and toss, and turn, and try to fall back asleep... but nope.  I can't keep the thoughts of all I need to do to get these report cards finished out of my mind.  It doesn't matter that I got further last night than I was originally expecting... nope.  By 8 am, that was it.  Up and out of bed for me.

Does that mean I've spent the past hour working away furiously at those darn things?!  NOPE!  I've just been browsing the Interwebz, yo.  Productive use of my time FOR THE WIN (Sense the tone).

I have found report cards especially trying this year.  I think teaching ten of the same students from the year before makes it challenging, as I want to ensure the reports sound fresh and individualized.  I have eight subjects to report on, and then the general learning skills comments for the front page of the report card.  That's quite a lot.  Ah well, they'll get done.  I'm ahead of the schedule I set for myself, so I don't need to feel so panicked... it's just natural this time of year to feel that way up until they are printed out and handed in for administrator approval and signing.

Yesterday was my grandmother's birthday, she turned 79 years young.  Today, along with my aunt, mom, and grandma, I'm off to see a stage production of West Side Story.  I'm looking forward to it, as I've never seen West Side Story before - movie or on the stage!  It's a classic, and I'm eager to add it to my list of theatre productions I've seen.

I mean, that list includes Bring it On: The Musical and Legally Blonde: The Musical... might be time to add a few more classics in there!

Enjoy your Saturday!  I'm going to shower, then vacuum, and do all sorts of random things to avoid the very report cards that are causing me to lose sleep.  Does that make sense?  No.  But my condo is always its cleanest at report card time!  Productive procrastination is my favourite.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, please check out my current giveaways!

Win an Amazon Kindle Fire Or, Signed Copies or Digital Downloads of the book Celtic Run by Sean Vogel! (worldwide contest)


Dad's Deserve to be Healthy with Adult Essentials Vitamins (Canadian residents only)


Win 1 of 3 copies of "Phineas & Ferb: The Perry Files" on DVD! (Canadian residents only, excluding Quebec)

No comments:

Post a Comment

When asking yourself, "Comment or don't comment?" the answer is ALWAYS COMMENT! C'mon, you know you want to.