Monday, November 28, 2011

My First Condo Christmas

Ohmigod you guys.... Christmas is MY FAVOURITE TIME OF YEAR.  No joke.

I was so excited about having my own place to decorate this year, that I bought my first fake Christmas tree in mid-November... and then couldn't wait a second more to set it up.  I've received a few ornaments as gifts from my mom and grandma, so I've added those to the tree as well.



Mr. Lock and I were really productive on Saturday, and got a ton of Christmas shopping done.  I went out tonight for a few more items.  Other than a few add-ons for people we've already shopped a bit for, and another gift each for my brothers, I am essentially DONE Christmas shopping already.  I got excited, so on Sunday Mr. Lock and I wrapped some of the gifts and stuck them under my tree. 



These are a mix of gifts for friends, my family, and Mr. Lock's families -- all waiting to be delivered to where they'll actually be opened on Christmas Day.  I plan on keeping them here until Christmas Eve.  You know, so I can PRETEND those are all for me!

I've had fun finding small decorations to add to my place, and when I head home to visit my parents this weekend my mom is going to give me a few of our family ornaments that have been classified as "mine" to add to my tree here at my condo.  It's really exciting to get a space of my own ready for the holidays.  On December 10th we're having our best friends over for a Christmas Party, so I want the place to look festive!

Mr. Lock and I are going to have a mini Christmas of our own on Christmas Eve morning, I'll be glad to sit around my little condo Christmas tree and make the most of it before I head home to my parents house for the rest of the holiday.

It's not even December yet, but I am so excited for this Christmas.  There will be MANY Christmas-related posts to come, I can guarantee that! 

Have you started your decorating yet?  How about your shopping?  Are you an early or last minute holiday shopper?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome tree!

    I'm just about done my shopping, haven't started the wrapping yet though....yikes you're one up on me.

    ReplyDelete

When asking yourself, "Comment or don't comment?" the answer is ALWAYS COMMENT! C'mon, you know you want to.