Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Future is Nigh

I was visiting my Old Blog today; mostly because I was avoiding some coursework I needed to do (I'm a procrastinator, what can I say?), and I felt like I wanted to read over some of my old posts.  I used to love my former Blog, and my writing style and stories, and I missed it a bit.

I came across a post I wrote on September 20th of last year.  It was two days after my life changed, in a way that I can now see was for the better, but at the time was obviously devestated about.  I had posted this horoscope that my mom had seen in The Toronto Star newspaper:

Cancer (June 23 - July 23)The less you understand, the more you have to trust.  The more faith you have, the stronger the spiritual side of your life becomes.  The greater your reliance on something that lies beyond all explanation, the more you recognize how limited all explanations are.  Conversely, the more you think you understand, the less you feel you need to trust!  Is intellect then, the enemy of instinct?  Something is now confusing you.  Don't worry about this.  Cope as best you can.  Everything is going to work out splendidly in a sweet but strange way.

When I read that tonight, I felt a shiver down my spine.  I don't really follow horoscopes, and I know that they are purposely written with words that at nearly any time will apply to your life in SOME WAY (it's called "pop psychology", yo)... however, this one is just ... SO fitting.

Mr. Lock and I switched roles from friends to more-than-friends about four-and-a-half months ago (how time flies!)... and wow: Everything is going to work out splendidly in a sweet but strange way.

Absolutely, it has.

I wonder if I should check out my Horoscope more often?

Here's today's for me:

Cancer (June 22-July 22)
So much is happening that you easily could be overwhelmed. Don’t lose sight of what you want and expect out of a situation. A meeting could be significant today. Others seem to be more willing and able. Tonight: Aim high.

Well, tonight I am aiming high in that I've been working hard on a course I'm taking.  I do also have a long To Do list, which could overwhelm me if I let it (but I'm not!).  I had a meeting the other night with my Principal about options for the future, which applies to the "don't lose sight of what you want" sentence there quite a bit.  Hmmm!!  Not as interesting as that old one from September, but still fitting!

(Yeah, yeah. I know, I said it above... it's just "pop psychology", but it can be intriguing to read sometimes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

When asking yourself, "Comment or don't comment?" the answer is ALWAYS COMMENT! C'mon, you know you want to.