Friday, August 02, 2013

Off to the Beach!

I am so excited!  Tonight, we are headed on a road trip to South Carolina... we are driving ALL NIGHT, and should get there by tomorrow afternoon!  We are spending a week in my parents condo near the beach, all 9 of the Sitcom Group of Friends.  I anticipate a FANTASTIC week of fun in the sun!

We are driving down in two cars, and then two of our friends are flying down and arrive late afternoon tomorrow just after us.  I'm most looking forward to being on the beach, playing in the ocean, and showing my best friends a place that has been special to me since I was a very little girl.  My parents had their honeymoon in Myrtle Beach, and then it became our family vacation place for two weeks a year nearly every year of my life.  Last summer, my mother and father decided to bite the bullet and purchase a condo there because the real estate market was very good for buyers, and because they know how much they love to vacation there and will continue to do so even more frequently as they get older.  I'm sure they are hoping to be "snow birds" in retirement.

They have a large, 3-bedroom place, so it will fit our whole group very well.  I love being with this group of friends, who are really more like family.  I'm just so happy to create even more amazing memories with them by visiting such a special place.  Maybe years from now we will continue to go there, eventually bringing our own children with us.

For now, here's to a safe drive for us all, and a lot of fun down south!

Have a great week, blogosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When asking yourself, "Comment or don't comment?" the answer is ALWAYS COMMENT! C'mon, you know you want to.