Friday, February 15, 2013

Not in the Blogging Zone

Oh hello!  Remember me?  This will sound a lot like my last post there...

I don't know what it is, but I haven't been in the blogging zone lately.  Frankly, I haven't been all that interested in TYPING on the computer... I think typing report cards made the whole concept very blah.  I have been making jot notes in my written journals, but mostly I've just been tired out in the evenings and haven't felt motivated after work to try to construct blog posts.

I have many topics to write about... the Academy Awards are fast approaching, and I did see two more of the nominated films (Silver Lining Playbook, Argo).

I also had the opportunity to attend a screening of Peter Pan, in honour of its release on February 5th on Disney Blu-Ray combo pack.  It's its 60th anniversary, and was still such a delightful film to watch (a little prejudice/racist by today's standards, but that's just a sign of the time it was made).

I have school stories I could share, though I am always reluctant to do so... despite how anonymous I am.  I try to veil my stories to be respectful of my students -- however, sharing those little moments from the life of a teacher is important, because sometimes we need a giggle, and sometimes we need to know we aren't the only ones experiencing such things.  I am always careful in my storytelling, so it is clear.  I love "my kids" so much, though, and they are pretty funny sometimes!

For now, this is about all I can muster.  Life is good, going very well, but it's also busy... and my school day is just so full... I am so wiped out when I come home.  I think the winter weather in general makes me a bit 'blah', too.

Hopefully I'll get back in a blogging zone before too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When asking yourself, "Comment or don't comment?" the answer is ALWAYS COMMENT! C'mon, you know you want to.