Monday, August 13, 2012

Movie Review: The Odd Life of Timothy Green

Every now and then it is very refreshing to watch a film that tells a sweet story, that appeals to the whole family (young and old!).  This is exactly what you get when you see Disney's The Odd Life of Timothy Green.  I was fortunate enough to see this movie at a pre-screening event, and it was just such a feel-good, family film.  I cannot recommend it enough!

The Odd Life of Timothy Green tells the story of Jim and Cindy Green, a couple from a small town who desperately want to add to their family.  One evening, after getting the bad news that it is unlikely they can ever have a baby themselves, Jim and Cindy take the time to imagine what their child would have been like.  They try to move on from the pain of the knowledge that their child is never to be, and then something miraculous happens.  The film stars Joel Edgerton and Jennifer Garner as Jim and Cindy, and it reaffirms that I do indeed highly enjoy every Jennifer Garner film!

This story is full of heart, and optimism.  It shows you how one person's attitude can change the world, and I think it's a very encouraging and uplifting tale.  I don't want to spoil the story too much, so that's all I'm going to say about that!

I encourage you to take your family to see this film, it opens in theatres on Wednesday, August 15th.

3 comments:

  1. This looks like such an awesome movie. I have heard nothing but good things about it. Thanks for the review, going to have to check it out for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see your review. I keep seeing the commercials and it looks good but it's nice to read someone's opinion on the movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to see this movie and after your review and believe I will take the kids too!

    ReplyDelete

When asking yourself, "Comment or don't comment?" the answer is ALWAYS COMMENT! C'mon, you know you want to.