My students are so bored without snow this winter! When we went to our outdoor education field trip last week, all they wanted to do was play in the snow. It was thrilling for them to SEE snow, since it has been so mild this winter especially in our little pocket. We were really lucky to get a snow experience last Thursday. For the kids, this rainy blah winter is just so boring!
A List of Reasons for Why my Students Wish it Would Snow:
- To be able to go back up onto the field area and have more space during recess
- To be able to make snow angels
- To be able to build snowmen
- To be able to go sledding
- To be able to go outdoor skating
- To be able to feel the winter clothes we make them wear anyway have a purpose
- To stop being covered in mud!!! (Maybe this mostly matter to me!)
What do you think about the crazy, rainy weather this winter? Are you living in a place that actually has SNOW, or are you (and the kids in your life) as annoyed as I am by this mild and inconsistent January?
I'm not really a "snow" person per se... but when winter hits, I like to have proper winter weather! I am Canadian, afterall.