Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Let's Make Some Wine!

Mr. Lock enjoys buying Groupons, and awhile back I think he bought a bunch of them and then never used them.  One of the coupons was for a bottle-your-own-wine place, you get about 28 bottles of a wine of your choice for half the usual price (and then the cost of the bottles at $1 a bottle or something).  I'm not really a wine drinker, though there is a Grapefruit Wine that Dr. McVet had for her wedding that I'm loving these days, so Mr. Lock chose a pinot noir to bottle as he prefers red.

I wanted to go with him for the experience, the first night was last night.  We decided to drive there in his sweet new ride, which he's enjoying a lot.

Photo slightly wonky, I took it on a weird angle.  Let's call it.... "artsy".
It was a 7 pm appointment, so it was dark.  When we got to the address of the place it was in one of those industrial blocks of buildings.  Totally shady looking from the outside.

Make Wine - Save Big!  Creepy wine building unit is creepy.
Do you see the fake image of the guy with the grapes?  Looking like he's from "The Old Wine Country"? HA!
It turns out it was a pretty cute place on the inside, though I didn't end up snapping a photo because I wasn't sure if I should.  It turns out this appointment took all of two seconds.  Mr. Lock just had to add a small packet of yeast to the bucket o' juice that will make his pinot noir.

The Bucket 'o Juice, eventually... pinot noir.  Notice the warning label: Do Not Let Small Children Fall Inside This Bucket.
Apparently this two second step is what makes the difference in this being a Make Your Own Wine For A Fraction Of The Cost and Needing to Charge An Arm And A Leg as a Licensed Liquor Selling Place.  Or something.  I don't know, I don't speak wino (I may occasionally speak whine-oh -- boom-boom boom CHING!  I'll be here all week, try the veal!)

So, seven or eight weeks from now we get to go back. I'll be sure to document the bottling process.  I don't think I'll enjoy the wine, as it isn't Grapefruit or a very light white, but I'll give 'er a sip anyway.  I'll also be sure to do that swirly thing in the glass.  As well as sniff it deeply and talk about it's "bouquet". Oh! Oh!  I'll also gargle it mouthwash style.  Fake it 'til you make it, amirite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

When asking yourself, "Comment or don't comment?" the answer is ALWAYS COMMENT! C'mon, you know you want to.